Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,
Ramadan Start Date:
Ramadan Mubarak! The start of Ramadan will be Sat. May 27 (www.chicagohilal.org
Iftar/Dinner will be held at ICP InshaAllah on all Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays of Ramadan for all community members.
If first day of fasting is Saturday May 27, we will pray Taraweeh on Friday May 26, and InshaAllah we will have our first Iftar/Dinner at ICP on Saturday, May 27.
On all Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays of Ramadan, Iftar/Dinner will be held for students and singles at MSA Bradley Masjid, 1315 W Main Street.
Alhamdulillah all Iftar/Dinner slots at ICP and MSA have already been sponsored. Please break your fast at Masjid and give reward to all hosting families.
- Fajr - 3:55 am
- Dhohar - 1:30 pm
- Asr - 6:15 pm
- Maghrib - 10 minutes after Adhan
- Isha - 10:10, followed by Taraweeh
The Ramadan prayer time table can be downloaded by clicking the link:
Ramadan 1438/2017 Prayer Time Table
Taraweeh (Khatm Quran and Khatira):
- Finishing Quran in Ramadan in Isha and Taraweeh prayer
- Ishaa prayer
- 4 raka'ah (half Juza')
- Short Khatirah
- 4 raka'ah (half Juza')
Alhamdulillah, Dates (Tamr/Khajur) have been sponsored for the entire month of Ramadan.
Iftar/Dinner hosts are not required to bring Dates in Ramadan.
Also, additional water pitchers and new water filter system have also been sponsored Alhamdulillah.
May Allah accept from the donors, and make it in their scale of good deeds ameen.
Note: If you intend to sponsor or contribute partly towards any Ramadan related expenses like paper products for Iftar, cleaning supplies, water bill, cilco bill etc. please let us know.
Iftar/Dinner signup sheet at ICP for Ramadan is full Alhamdulillah.
As announced earlier, we will be Insha'Allah having arrangements for Iftar/Dinner 4 days per week in the masjid i.e. Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
The remaining three days Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday we will be having arrangements for breaking fast only, but no dinner. Brothers are encouraged to break their fast in masjid and pray Maghrib in congregation (Jamaa.
Even though the signup sheet is full, and you haven't signed up yet and intended to do so, please contact the host whose number is listed on signup sheet and share some ajar with them (the signup sheet is posted on the bulletin boards in both the sisters' and brothers' hallways. Or you can contact activities chair Br Saheed Rosenje and he can Insha'Allah work with some of the hosts to arrange part of Iftar on your behalf.
Hadith: Reward of providing Iftar
It was narrated that Zayd ibn Khaalid al-Juhani said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Whoever gives iftaar to one who is fasting shall earn a reward equivalent to a fasting person without detracting from the reward of the fasting person in the slightest."
I'tikaf during last 10 days:
- Insha'Allah we will be making I'tikaf arrangements during last 10 days of Ramadan
- Please contact ICP President Br. Mohamed Daoud if you intend to make I'tikaf in ICP
- Breaking fast for brothers and sisters will take place in the basement community hall
- Dates will be provided at entrance at both the brothers and sisters side in basement community hall
- Water and cups will be provided on each table
- No food or drink is allowed in the Mussalla
- Iftar/Dinner at ICP on every Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of Ramadan
- MSA iftar for students and singles on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
- All iftars, dates, water and supplies have been sponsored alhamdoellah
- ICP Iftar/dinner for brothers and sisters will be held in the basement community hall
- 2 sets of serving tables are setup on both the brothers and sisters sides (4 lines)
- Dessert and Tea/Coffee are set on separate tables
- Gym will be available for children to play after iftar/dinner until Athan of Ishaa
- ICP won't provide any supervision at the gym at anytime; parents are fully responsible of monitoring/supervising their own children
- No sports activity at the gym at anytime during the entire month of Ramadan
- The playground will be available for children to play after Dinner until Athan of Ishaa
- ICP won't provide any supervision at the playground at anytime; parents are fully responsible of monitoring/supervising their own children
Babysitting arrangements have been made for the children 3yrs and up from Isha prayer until end of Taraweeh. Parents have to sign in and sign out their children every night
Salat arrangements are also made in masjid room attached to the back of the mens' Mussalla for mothers with infants and children under 3yrs
- Sisters can take strollers in basement community hall during dinner or leave it in the main entrance school lobby and hallway by the elevator.
- Strollers cannot be taken in the sister Mussalla
- Please make sure not to block any doors or emergency exits
We'd like to thank the community for following the building rules and regulations. Just a friendly reminder:
- No shoes, food or drinks in the Mussallas
- Please follow all traffic and parking signs and regulations
- No Parking in the roundabouts
- Handicap parking
- Speed: 15 mph
- The stop sign
- The ICP is a non-smoking premises
- Bathroom usage
- Please clean after usage
- Urination while seated (if not possible, please make sure to lift the toilet seat)
- Guide and monitor your child(ren)
- Brothers and sisters are encouraged to come few minutes before Iftar time and directly proceed to basement community hall
- Make sure to place your and your children's shoes "in" the shoe rack
- Move to the mussalla shortly after breaking your fast to avoid jam
- Please avoid wasting food and food serving paper/Styrofoam utensils
- Clean up after yourself and your children (cleaning table area under the table & chair, and throwing empty plates and cups in garbage)
- Leave the basement at least 20 minutes before Ishaa Iqamah; this will allow enough time for volunteers to do the remaining cleanup and setup for next day. Otherwise brothers have to stay late after Taraweeh
- You are welcome to take home any leftover food, but it cannot be taken to Mussalla or placed in the hallway. Please take it to your car before Ishaa.
- No water allowed in the Mussalla. Water arrangements will be made during Taraweeh in hallway outside mussalla on brothers and sisters side
- Keep the mussalla door closed all the time (both upstairs and downstairs). This will help to keep the cold air in the mussalla and reduce electricity bill
- Spend the precious time before iftar on making duaa (avoid unnecessary chatting)
- Finish your iftar early and try to benefit from the time before Ishaa in Quraan recitation
- Pay attention to the noise level in the Mussalla (especially after Jummah, maghrib and after Ishaa prayers)
- For dinner, please proceed to the basement community hall shortly after Maghrib prayer and sunnah
- Leave shortly after Ishaa prayer; it may help you to make it for Fajr prayer at the Masjid
We are open for any suggestions and help. Please feel free to contact us for providing any suggestions and/or help.